Monday, February 3, 2014

Catching Up

Hi there!
Doing some serious catch up work today. I have been very out of it this last week, doing the things that needed to be done day to day to try to get by but falling behind on everything else. I started with a migraine last Monday and have had a severe headache since. Trying something new today from the doctor to see if we can knock this out but thought I would pop in here really quick to post my projects from Practical Scrappers and S.W.A.T last week.

First up was the On Trend post from Practical Scrappers. We were focused on the ever popular chalkboard look that is currently found everywhere. I used the Basic Grey Fresh Cut line and some awesome chalkboard cards from Studio Calico for this page which is part of my 2014 One Word layouts. This month I have chosen to focus on Hope. We've had some challenging things facing us these last few months as a family. Sometimes in the midst of those challenges I find myself so looking for something to hang onto because things seem impossible and too hard to face head on. That is when I find myself reaching out for the only thing that gives me the full and steady hope that I need, Jesus. Sometimes it's just saying His name and letting it whisper over me that gets me to take one more breath and say "We can do this". He is the anchor that keeps me steady and grounded. The anchor sentiment is a perfect reminder to me of a verse that I hold close to me, Hebrews 6:19. The other sentiment is actually part of a song that has long been a favorite of mine.  Every time I hear this song played it brings a peace to me that is unexplainable. As soon as I saw this journal card set with these two cards I knew that they would make the perfect page for me to express my focus on choosing hope when things seem insurmountable. I have a second side to the page which includes some journaling, but I am choosing to keep that piece just for me and hopefully one day looked at and read by my children and grandchildren to let them see the piece of me that kept me anchored. Don't you love the anchor piece too? That is from a friend's store, Creative Embellishments and this fits the challenge they are having this month as well. There could not have been a better piece for this page.



The second project I am sharing is actually a blast from the past. With the migraine going I wasn't able to make a new project for the new drill at S.W.A.T.  February's first drill is a celebration of one year as a challenge site. I have been with it since the beginning and love the challenges that Lanette puts together. There is such a variety of challenges to use product, sketches, inspirations...you name it. I love the versatility and seeing the fun link ups that come in from blog readers. If you haven't checked it out yet I am hoping you will. The challenges are easy, laid back and there are always some great prizes.  Our new drill focuses on One. Your challenge is to use black and white with just one other color. Having that one pop of color against the black and white can be so eye catching. Let's see what you can do with it. By the way, the prize for this month is a kit from 3 Scrappy Boys and it is a good one. There is a picture of it on the S.W.A.T. blog if you click the link above. My project was a card I made last year that is still one of my faves because of the blue that is so bright against the background.


Thanks for stopping by! Off to see about knocking this headache out.
Lisa

7 comments:

  1. So sorry you've been under the weather.
    Love both projects, especially the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care of yourself!!! Both the layout and card are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these projects! So sorry you've been having migraines though. That is no fun at all. I hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally LOVE LOVE your on trend page!! super fun and cute!! great card also!! hope the headaches go away!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWWwesome projects! Love the water color work on your layout (need some tips on that .. ;) ) , love the anchor alter as well. Thanks for playing along at Creative Embellishments. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous projects! Love the chalkboard look with the watercolors. Great contrast! Love how the CE anchor piece ties in as well! Thanks for playing along w/the Creative Embellishments Feb challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one that comes in.