Saturday, September 29, 2012

Tough Guy

Today is about my tough guy. Finally my son got back in the game after sitting out with a shoulder injury for the last 5 weeks. Love it! (and cringe at the same time if I see someone coming at him.) I was worried how the shoulder would hold out but he said he felt great afterwards. Not sure he'd tell me the truth for fear of me sitting him out again :)

He's #11- playing quarterback.

The game didn't end so well, but he did throw for a touchdown!

Now here he is in a tough guy pose with his cousins and friends about 10 years ago. Who would have thought he'd be playing high school football now. Man, time is flying faster than I want it to. All these kiddos are so grown up now. Nathan is the third from the left. And look at those sweet little girls in the midst of the big, bad boys.



This layout came together pretty quickly. The background paper is an old Bo Bunny line I've had sitting around and I love how it already looks splattered and distressed. I've also had the chipboard brackets for a long time so I thought it was time to put them to good use. The title was cut with my Cricut using the Stand and Salute cartridge. The title was actually a connected title but I didn't like the way it fit so I cut and separated it to fit around the picture. This was made for the scraplift the person before you challenge at scrapbook.com. Always fun to look through someone else's work and use it for inspiration.

It's time for me to go clean my kitchen. Nathan has a bunch of guys over to watch the Nebraska/Wisconsin game. (Yes, my sweet Nebraska friends. We may have moved away but we took the Nebraska pride we learned with us. I even have on my Husker shirt!)  Chris has a friend over as well so the kitchen has been put to good use tonight! I may have left a few shelves empty at the Super Target stocking up on snacky food earlier today. My shopping cart surely looked like it. Tomorrow it's Broncos time. Big game against the Raiders.

Don't forget to sign up for my giveaway in last Wednesday's post. I will be drawing for a winner on Monday.

Have a great rest of the weekend!
Lisa

5 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa! thanks for stopping by my blog! This is a great layout! I love how you clustered everything in the one corner!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from SITs. What a great red/white/blue page and what sweet memories. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are so focused on what your blog is about. Great post.

    I am glad I have girls and a boy that will always be to small to play football. I would not be able to watch.

    Happy SITS Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for football moms! My son is a sophomore who got pulled up to play varsity after a few games this year. I was super worried about him getting hurt; so far, so good. We have a deal. He can play through whatever injuries he wants except two: head and chest. If he has chest pains or anything that could signal a concussion, he has to report it. If I find out he had one of those and didn't report it, he's done playing football. It's tough to be the mom sometimes.

    I'm so glad your son is doing better. Best wishes for continued success this season. And the layouts great.

    Happy Sharefest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you're so completely "into" your sons, their football games, and their friends. They're very blessed to have that and to have you!

    It's SITS Saturday Shareday and I've stopped by to share some SITStah-girl love. Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one that comes in.